My Monthly Goals | September 2018
So here I am with my list of goals that I want to obtain this for the month of September. Again I’m sharing them here for accountability and moral support purposes. Let’s get into this!
Meditation For The September
I have been listening to this song on repeat for weeks now. And I’m committing to continue listening to it daily this month as well. It’s been a struggle lately not feeling like I’m not enough, but here’s to tuning out those negative voices.
I am already STRONG. This storm will only make me STRONGER!
Meditations For Year
God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.-Psalm 46:5
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”-Jeremiah 29:11
The fear of failure/falling has been real my whole life. There have been times when I’ve talked myself out of doing things because “What if I fail” was the soundtrack that kept playing over and over in my head like a Beyoncé song.
It dawned on me the other day I’ve barely lived at all. Well, I’m tired of playing it “scared.” I want to actually live my life. and I want to live it boldly and without abandon, taking comfort in the fact that I have a higher power within me. And knowing His plan was never for me to live in fear, but in hope with a prosperous feature.
What I Plan To Achieve This Month
– Blogging/Vlogging Goals
Blog at least once a week | Blogging consistency is something that I really need to master on this blog. So I’m setting a realistic goal of hitting the publish button on at least one blog post a month. There will definitely be weeks that I’ll publish more than one blog post, but this is a start.
- Vlog at least once a week | Earlier this year, I took an extended break from my vlog channel. There was so much going on. There’s still some stuff happening behind the scenes, but I’m in a position where I can manage it and still carve out time to make videos. Plus, vlogging is something that I’ve come to enjoy and that gives me a sense of purpose, pride, and calm.
- Batch write, edit, and schedule at least 5 blog posts for October | The holiday season is upon us whether we’re ready for it or not. Since I know that things will start to get busy once next month hits and I don’t want to lose my momentum, I’m planning ahead. I’ll be using my weekends to write, edit and schedule out at 5 or more posts so that they’ll be ready to go next month. This will also allow me to use any free time next month to work on other things like mastering flat lays and working on my Instagram feed.
- Pitch at least 3 sponsors | I’ve been making a list of sponsors that I want to pitch for this blog and I’m finally ready to reach out to some of them. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Thankfully, I have a few years of pitching experience and working with sponsors under my belt thanks to my parenting blog.
- Announce and kickoff my readathon | I’m hosting my first readathon this month! The official name, dates, and reading challenges will be announced soon. I’m so glad that I finally worked up the courage to start my own readathon. I’m looking forward to connecting with others and just having a great time with this.
- Comment on 10-15 other blogs/vlogs a week | Part of being a blogger/influencer for me is building a community and being supportive of others within our community. I’m pretty good at commenting on vlogs because I spend a lot of time on YouTube, but I’ve slacked off on blog commenting. So I’m going to work on fixing that and start picking out 10-15 other influencers to show love and support to. Also, this is a great way to get more visibility for your blog/vlog.
- Invest in at least 2 props to use in photos | Besides having a camera with a great lens, the right lighting, and good editing skills, props also help to make photos more interesting and visually appealing. I really want to up my flat lay skills, especially when I’m doing book and product photos for Instagram. So I want to invest in two props this month, whether it’s mugs, confetti, etc.
– Personal Goals
- Read for 1 hour daily | Before my last reading slump, one thing I made sure to do daily was set aside 1 hour of reading time. I usually did this after I put the kids to bed on the weekdays and then I could just read whenever on the weekends. I want to get back to that.
- Workout for at least 15 days of this month | Now that I’ve finally gotten down to a weight that I am comfortable with, I want to work on toning up my body. My stomach and arms are my main focus for now, but I’ll also be doing legs as well here and there.
- Re-start bullet journal | Bullet journaling used to be so relaxing before I started obsessing over how my layout looked compared to others I saw online. I want to get back to bullet journaling as a way to relax and be creative in my own way.
- Do daily devotion | This is another habit that I want to get back in the hang of doing. When I did devotions daily, I found that my days usually went a lot better. It really helped me with maintaining an optimistic outlook.
- Treat myself to something special at the end of the month | When you become a mom, it becomes so much harder to treat yourself. The mommy guilt really sinks in because you’ll think of a million other things that you use that money or time for towards something for your kids. However, it’s important for all of us to show ourselves love here and there.
- Continue to declutter | Letting go of things that no longer serve a purpose in our lives can be so freeing. I recently started decluttering and it’s been very satisfying. I want to continue to let go of all stuff I don’t need anymore. From old papers to clothes that no longer fit, I’m letting it all go. *Cue Elsa*
How You Can Help
Follow my blog on Bloglovin
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Tweet me a message of encouragement
Leave a comment below or on any blog post
- Check out my Amazon Influencer Page